Analysis of Cosmetic Products: Quality and Safety of Cosmetics
Our service portfolio for microbiological cosmetic product testing includes:
- Microbiological status and tests for microbiological purity: aerobic and anaerobic bacteria, yeasts and moulds
- Pathogenic germs: E Coli, staphylococcus aureus, pseudomonas aeruginosa, etc.
- Microbiological testing of raw materials and process waters
Chemical and Physical Tests
Chemical-Physical Tests for Cosmetic Products
In the field of chemical and physical testing we can provide you with:
- Analyses of cosmetics for mineral oils
- Contaminants: 1,4-dioxane, ethylene oxide, solvents, nitro musk compounds, nitrosamines, phthalates, heavy metals, pesticides, PAHs
- Fat values (acid value, peroxide value, etc.)
- Oxidation stability (rancidity test)
- Physical values, such as density, PH value, viscosity, a-value, etc.
- Testing of cosmetic active agents
- Vitamins (e.g. panthenol, tocopherol, retinol)
Analysis of Packaging Materials of Cosmetics
- Specific analyses, for instance for formaldehyde, phthalates, heavy metals, specific plastics additives
- Tests for contaminants in packaging materials:
- Plasticisers, such as phthalates
- Nonylphenols and nonylphenol ethoxylates
- Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAH)
- Heavy metals like arsenic, lead, cadmium, antimony, nickel, mercury, etc.
Dermatology Tests and Further Investigations
Besides microbiological and chemical-physical testing, we also offer a number of additional analyses for your products and raw materials.
Services in the field of dermatological tests and other analyses for cosmetic products:
- Determination of sun protection factor
- Stability and efficacy tests
- Audits with regard to compliance with GMP guidelines
- Industrial hygiene: hygiene controls, microbial air measuring, surface and personnel control, on site hygiene training courses