Agriculture Soil Testing
Spectralab Analytical delivers high quality independent analyses of soil, water, plant tissue, manure, compost, and other agricultural materials in determining nutritional requirements of crops, soil health and fertility allowing you to make sound agronomic decisions.
Why should I have my soil tested?
There are two reasons why you should have your soil tested:
- To understand the chemical properties of the soil prior to sowing of a crop.
- To monitor changes in soil properties.
- Heavy Metals
- Soil Biological
- Pesticide Residue
- Greenhouse Media
Key Parameters Tested
Soil is tested to determine the soil quality and nutrient levels.
- pH (Water) pH (CaCl2), Electrical Conductivity (EC), Organic Carbon, Nitrate N, Ammonium , Sulfur, Phosphorus (Olsen/Bray), Exchangeable Cations (Ca, Mg, K, Na), Exchangeable aluminium & acidity, CEC, (Trace elements) (Mn, Zn, Cu, Fe), Boron
- Calcium, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium, Nitrogen, Boron, Copper, Iron, Manganese, Zinc
- pH, total alkalinity, carbonates, bicarbonates, electrical conductivity, total dissolved solids, boron, chloride, calcium, magnesium, sodium, hardness, sodium adsorption ratio, nitrate-nitrogen, ammonium-nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium, sulfur, iron, manganese, copper, molybdenum, and zinc
- Total Nitrogen, Available Phosphorus and Potassium, Sodium, Calcium, Magnesium, Iron, Manganese, Copper, Zinc, Boron, Molybdenum and Cobalt
The complete manure test package includes:
- Percent solids, total nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium, ammonium-nitrogen, calcium, magnesium, sulfur, sodium, boron, copper, zinc, manganese, iron, and aluminum.
The standard compost test package includes:
- Percent solids, organic matter, pH, soluble salts, total nitrogen, total carbon, Carbon:Nitrogen ratio, ammonium nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium, aluminum, calcium, magnesium, manganese, sodium, copper, iron, sulfur, selenium and zinc
- pH, Conductivity, nitrate-nitrogen, ammonium-nitrogen, soluble salts, phosphorus, potassium, calcium, magnesium, sodium, boron, copper, iron, manganese, and zinc using the saturated media extract method with DTPA
Want to know the health and quality of your soil?
We are a full service analytical testing laboratory located in Nairobi that serves Water, Food and Beverages, Feed, Environmental, Agriculture and Geotechnical sectors