A well balanced and correctly formulated animal feed, increases animal productivity for the farmer, quality of products for the manufacturer and the general animal welfare. It is also essential in safeguarding the consumer safety.
Spectralab offers conducts a comprehensive physical and chemical tests as well as microbiological and mycotoxicological chemical tests of animal feeds. The Laboratory analyses finished animal feed mixtures, vitamin and mineral premixes, forages and silage. Based on the tests, the nutritional and microbiological quality of finished animal feed mixtures and premixes used in animal nutrition is evaluated.
Key Analysis and Tests for Animal Feedstuffs
The main focus of our work is the analysis of:
- Proximate Analysis (Moisture, Crude Protein, Crude Fat – Peroxide Value, Free Fatty Acid, Oil Stability Index (OSI), Crude Ash, Acid Insoluble Ash, Crude Fiber, Acid Detergent Fiber, Acid Detergent Lignin, Carbohydrates, Metabolizable Energy) of feedstuffs for livestock like cattle, pigs and poultry
- Soya quality (Urease activity, KOH protein solubility , Urea, Urease Activity, Trypsin Inhibitor (TI) Activity, )
- Amino acids (lysine, methionine, cystine, threonine)
- Minerals (e. g. calcium, phosphorus, sodium, potassium, magnesium)
- Trace elements (e. g. copper, zinc, manganese, iron, selenium)
- Vitamins (e. g. vitamins A, D3 and E)
- Contaminants like heavy metals (e. g. lead, cadmium, mercury, arsenic)
- Mycotoxins (e. g. aflatoxin, deoxynivalenol, zearalenone)
- Residues (pesticides and other crop protection products), dioxins and PCB have become of great importance.
- Microbiological Analysis (Aerobic Plate Count, Coliforms, E.coli, Enterobacteriaceae, Yeast & Mold Counts, Listeria monocytogenes, Salmonella, Pseudomonas spp. Clostridium perfringens)
We are a full service analytical testing laboratory located in Nairobi that serves Water, Food and Beverages, Feed, Environmental, Agriculture andGeotechnical sectors